“Study providing analytical support for the financial instruments and programmes to facilitate investment in the energy sector: the Recovery and Resilience Facility (RRF).
The study aims to assess the expected impact of the RRF, through the energy related measures included in Member States’ Recovery and Resilience Plans (RRPs), on supporting the clean energy transition and on the development of suitable financing solutions for projects in the energy sector.
Τhe study gathers and provides evidence to help the European Commission identify and mitigate the challenges that hinder the effective implementation of the energy-related measures in the RRPs to maximise their positive impacts on EU Member States, foster the decarbonisation of countries’ economies, and achieve the European Green Deal’s objectives/
This report is organised into the following chapters:
• Executive summary
• Chapter 1. Introduction
• Chapter 2. Methodological approach. Summary of the applied methodology.
• Chapter 3. Impact of the RRF on reaching energy and climate targets. Analysis based on the review of the NRRPs and NECPs and complementary interviews with experts.
• Chapter 4. Impact of the RRF on the use of financial instruments for energy projects. Analysis based on the review of NRRPs, interviews with experts and the review of the literature.
• Chapter 5. Discussion and policy recommendations. Presents the policy recommendations suggested to support investments in the energy sector in the
framework of the RRF.
• Annex A. List of financial instruments.